My family has been hard at work berry picking this week. Just look at these juicy strawberries! We’ll be hulling and washing off these babies and putting them in the freezer to enjoy all year round!
*Remember – strawberries are one of the “Dirty Dozen,” which makes it even more important to wash them off! (Read about the importance of washing fruits and vegetables here!)
- Strawberries are full of Vitamin C, which helps support your immune system
- Strawberries are also high in antioxidants, which help reverse cell damage from free radicals.
- They are high in potassium, which helps to keep our electrolytes in balance.
- Strawberries are also high in fibre, folate, iron, magnesium, copper and vitamins K and B6!
- Finally, strawberries are low in calories because of their high water content (they are roughly 90% water), which means you can enjoy their sweet goodness guilt-free!
Do you pick fresh produce this time of year? What is your favorite way to enjoy strawberries?
Did You Know?
Strawberries are the most popular berry fruit in the world!