Have you ever been reading through a magazine or newspaper and found a recipe you think looks good, so you tear it out to try later? And over time that one recipe turns into a mountain of recipes to try? This recipe comes from the dusty depths of our “to try” pile!
These chewy bites are absolutely INCREDIBLE! The pumpkin…the nut butter…the cranberries…it is like all the flavors of fall in one sweet and chewy treat. I honestly don’t know how one batch of these has lasted me all semester. So divine!
Pumpkin Goody Two Chews
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp. almond butter/peanut butter
- 1/3 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 & 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 & 1/2 cups granola*
*The recipe recommends Nature’s Path “Pumpkin FlaxPlus Granola” for this recipe, however it is not gluten-free. So I substituted in a bag of Love Grown Foods “Apple Walnut Coconut Delight” granola and the chewy bites turned out just as good!
- Preheat oven to 250F. Spray or line a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together peanut butter and maple syrup on medium speed with an electric mixer. Add egg whites and spice and beat again until smooth. Stir in granola and cranberries. Mix until evenly coated.
- Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin cups. Bake on middle rack of oven for 45 minutes (your house will smell amazing as these bake!) Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing clusters from pan. Store in an airtight container. They also freeze really well!
*Credit for this recipe goes to Janet and Greta Podleski, authors of the “Looneyspoons”, “Eat Shrink & Be Merry” and “Crazy Plates” cookbooks. Their recipes are frequently featured in Readers Digest magazine, where we found this recipe!